Butchershop Internship program
We’re currently accepting applications for our summer 2020 internship program, which begins in June. We’ll be accepting applications through spring. See below for program details.
The Nitty Gritty
~3 months (flexible start and end date; ideally early June to early September)
Designers, copywriters, strategists, or any combination thereof
School credit for those in school; pay negotiable for those not in school
30 hours a week, Monday through Friday
Thanks for checking out our internship program. Each summer we bring on a team of three interns—one designer, one copywriter, and one strategist—to work alongside our team of about 30 employees.
During your three months with us, you’ll be producing real work for real clients. You’ll also get feedback on your work from various members of our team, and you’ll leave here better at your discipline than when you arrived.
Less obvious is the way you’ll be expected to work with us. Because we are in the business of problem solving, it’s crucial that you have the ability to think creatively about a client’s business problem. That means generating ideas and seeing them through to fruition. What does the client really need? What will get them there? How do we convince them it’s the right approach?
These are just a few of the problems we spend much of our time solving. And we arrive at those solutions together, in meetings, on the whiteboard, as a team. This is not a work-from-home job.
If this sounds like you—a collaborator with a passion for culture and a knack for finding fresh solutions to complex creative problems—then we’d love to see what you’ve got.
Design Must Haves
- Working towards a career in Graphic Design, Photography or Marketing
- We love connecting with schools for future interns 🙂
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Xd, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Excellent typography skill.
- Experience with studio photography/video
—Working knowledge of / willing to learn HTML/CSS
—Interest or skilled in animation, motion, video
- A resume that indicates you have experience as a writer, whether through extensive college courses, published work, or a great blog.
- The ability to write a variety of copy—from headlines and taglines to bios and scripts—in a variety of voices.
- The ability to check your ego at the door, take feedback, and apply it to future work.
- You’re a recent graduate or currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program related to communications, marketing, advertising, English or creative writing.
- A proven ability to conduct and compile primary and secondary research including identifying cultural trends, competitive landscape analyses, and consumer behaviors.
- Your words are powerful and you are driven to find the strongest expression of every idea as you develop and present your work.
- You can think outside the box, break through the clutter, and find the provocative truths.
- You’re a recent graduate or currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program related to communications, marketing, advertising, or the social sciences like anthropology or sociology.